Cristiano Ronaldo vs Lionel Messi debate finally ended by 12 stars who played with both

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Lionel Messi debate finally ended by 12 stars who played with both

The continued rivalry between Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi has been settled by twelve stars who played along both sensational players, according to interviews compiled by SunSport.

Ronaldo and Messi have both dominated the football space for more than a decade winning everything possible, with many describing them as aliens who came from the outside world.

Deliberation about the players are more religious on social media as fans are either for Ronaldo or Messi.

Both have enjoyed glittering careers, winning loads of trophies, scoring hundreds of goals and earning piles of personal accolades.

However, SunSport in a bid to determine who actually if the better of the two players has asked twelve stars who played alongside both players.

Below are 12 stars who've played alongside both during their careers and what they say about both players

1. Deco

He was Messi's team-mate at the Camp Nou and also plays with Ronaldo in the Portugal national team.

"From the outset, it is clear that Leo and Cristiano are the greatest," Deco said.

On Messi, he said: "We met in Barcelona and immediately connected with him, the moments I lived with him are difficult to compare to anything. It was magical."

Result: Draw

2. Di Maria

The PSG star played alongside Ronaldo at Real Madrid where both won the Champions League in 2014. He is also Messi's team-mate with the Argentine national team.

"It was a dream to have the possibility to play with (Wayne )Rooney, (Zlatan) Ibrahimovic, Cristiano (Ronaldo), Leo (Messi)...

"Leo is the best of the four.

"With all the great players I have played with, it's hard to choose. But if I had to pick one, it would be Leo"

Result: Messi

3. Paulo Dybala

The Juventus star couldn't separate the two.

"It is impossible to make a comparison between the two of them or say who is the best.

4. Gabriel Heinze

The Argentine left-back played with Ronaldo at Manchester United and Messi for his country.

In 2008, he claimed: "If I had to pay for one player I would choose [Ronaldo].

"I don't think Cristiano will get any better as a footballer, he is already next to God in his ability."

Result: Ronaldo

5. Gonzalo Higuain

Higuain currently plays alongside both Messi and Ronaldo

He is Ronaldo's team-mate at Juventus and then Messi's compatriot.

"I enjoyed playing alongside Ronaldo before and I am glad that we are back together.

"I'm a forward and I have the chance to play with Messi. It's a privilege to play alongside him."

6. Fernando Gago

He chose Messi over Ronaldo.

"Messi has incredible ability and I love the way that he plays."

7. Ezequiel Garay

Yet another former Los Blancos team-mate of Ronaldo who starred on the international scene with Messi, Garay also ranks Leo as the No1.

"When people ask me who is the best player ever, I say Leo," Garay said.

8. Henrik Larsson

He chose Messi over Ronaldo as they spent more time at Barcelona together

"Ronaldo is a very good player, but Messi is even better."

9. Gerard Pique

Gerard Pique chose long-standing Barca pal Messi over Ronaldo

"I always said that Messi has some talent that no one has.

"For me it's like Messi is not human but [Ronaldo] is the best of the humans."

10. Nelson Semedo

The Portuguese star plays with Messi at Barcelona and has won back-to-back trophies with the Catalan club.

"Real Madrid have noticed (Ronaldo's) absence a lot.

"He is a player that requires a lot of attention and care.

"Messi is spectacular. It's a privilege to play with him, he always surprises, he's from another planet."

11. Carlos Tevez

Carlos Tevez has partnered both forwards up front during his career

On the debate, he said: "Cristiano always stopped in the gym after training: for him it is an obsession and, being the best in everything.

"Messi plays another sport. For Messi to score three goals [in any given game] is normal."

12. Andre Gomes

"(Ronaldo) is a very important player, who is always present and ready to play.

"Everyone knows that Messi is very, very good.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...