Man United star Paul Pogba finally opens up on why he has been struggling all through the season

Man United star Paul Pogba finally opens up on why he has been struggling all through the season

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba, prior to the Premier League suspension, was not having a good season at all and he was the first one to admit that.

United's record signing in 2016 started the season on a high, emerging with scintillating performances in the opening weeks, notably against Chelsea on match-week one.

Things quickly took a turn for the worse for the World Cup winner as he was out with injury before the first month of the new season was done.

At the time, Pogba was laid off for at least a month before coming back in the Carabao cup against Rochdale but the game came at a price as he was once again sidelined against Arsenal on September 30.

His inconsistent season has seen critics claim the midfield maestro perhaps has sights on another club, while his agent Mino Raiola's vocal nature does little to help the situation.

The 27-year-old however sat down in a candid interview with a Man United podcast where he attempted to shed some light on his plight this season.

Unlike popular opinion, Pogba does not feign injury and he is just as eager as fans to return to the pitch.

"I've been frustrated, a long time ago.

Now I'm almost there, so I'm just thinking about getting back and training fully with the team and everything.

You think bad but I've never had something like this in my career, so I always take it in a good way.

It makes me more hungry to come back and do well. And, yeah, it just shows me as well how much I love football," he said in the podcast.

Pogba went for ankle surgery in December 2019 and briefly trained in Dubai as a form of rehabilitation during the winter break.

The midfielder went on to give fans a glimpse of the injuries he was suffering from as he reiterated the importance of patience on the road to recovery.

"So I had a foot injury, which came in the game against Southampton.

It was early this season and so I carried this for a long time, training and trying to be playing with it.

After I stopped, I found I had a fracture. I had a cast on it, a plaster-cast, so it went very well but too well.

The bone got bigger and so, when I came back again, I played those two games against Watford and Newcastle, I could feel something again," Asked whether he missed playing with his colleagues, Pogba responded in the affirmative.

Despite heavy links away from Old Trafford, fans will be encouraged by the fact that Pogba is back on his feet and is training with a ball ahead of a potential return of the Premier League in June.

Fans are also curious to see whether a partnership between Pogba and January signing Bruno Fernandes can brew something special at Old Trafford.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...