EPL: Ighalo reveals why Man Utd hasn't offered him permanent deal yet

EPL: Ighalo reveals why Man Utd hasn't offered him permanent deal yet

Manchester United star, Odion Ighalo, has disclosed that he is yet to receive an offer from the club on permanent deal because the season is still on, and he is yet to finish his loan deal.

Ighalo joined Man United last January transfer window on a six-month loan deal from Chinese side, Shanghai Shenhua.

The Nigerian star has scored four goals in eight appearances for the Red Devils so far this season, and United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is open to keeping the 30-year-old beyond the end of the season.

"There is no offer on the table yet," Ighalo told ElegbeteTV.

"Because the season is still on, and I am yet to finish my loan deal. I do not just make decisions alone in my life.

"I have a principle, and I have a guideline for everything I do. I always pray to God to direct me.

"I have seen so many tweets about this. I have seen so many people going crazy, [saying] 'go back to China', some say stay with Man United. Have you seen me say a word? I don't have anything to say.

"When the season's finished, and I get two offers from the two teams, then I will sit and think about it, pray about it, and whatever God says I should do, I will go with that."

Ighalo is currently on self-isolation after the Premier League was suspended indefinitely due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

He won the club's March Goal-of-the-Month Award after his sparkling effort goal against LASK in the Europa League.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...