Former Barcelona goalkeeper hospitalized after contracting deadly coronavirus

Former Barcelona goalkeeper hospitalized after contracting deadly coronavirus

Legendary Turkey goalkeeper Rustu Recber has tested positive for coronavirus, his wife has confirmed.

Recber, who featured for top clubs like Barcelona, Fenerbahce and Besiktas, is Turkey's all-time record holder for appearances, earning 120 caps over an 18-year international career.

But his wife has now revealed that the 46-year-old Recber is hospitalized and receiving treatment for COVID-19 after contracting the deadly disease.

In a post on Instagram, Recber's wife Isil gave an update on her husband's condition.

She wrote: "I'm sorry to say that my husband is hospitalized with the diagnosis of Covid-19.

"Everything was normal when he suddenly developed symptoms really fast and we are still in shock.

"My test was negative along with my son and my daughter.

"He's in hospital and we are not allowed to see him. This is the most difficult part, not being able to be with him. God is great and he's entrusted to Turkish doctors."

Rustu Recber helped Turkey win bronze medal at the 2002 World Cup as he was named in the tournament's all-star team.

Turkey currently have 7,402 confirmed cases of coronavirus, with 108 people reported dead due to the disease.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...