Pedro confirms he will leave Chelsea in summer but insists his future is 'not important right now'

Pedro has confirmed he will leave Chelsea when his contract expires this summer.

The 32-year-old, who has won 25 major honours in a glittering career spanning 12 years, is set to become a free agent in the summer.

Pedro confirms he will leave Chelsea in summer but insists his future is 'not important right now'

The former Barcelona winger will most likely to return to Spain as he reaches the tail end of his career - but he has admitted he is unsure what the future holds amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

"I'm terminating my contract, but right now it's not the most important thing, nor have I stopped to think about it," he told El Larguero on CADENA SER via Sport Witness.

"From there on what has to do with my future will come, but right now it's not the most important thing when you don't even know when you're going to train again.

"(I've talked with) Jordi (Alba), with someone else... and the same, living this situation with much chaos, with uncertainty.

"The confinement, which is also complicated ... a little difficult and hard on everything.

"I have not been able to travel either and see my children. I had a chance to be with them, and I could not travel".

Pedro also expressed his gratitude for the medical professionals around the world working relentlessly to tackle the coronavirus disease.

He added: "It is a situation that is sometimes uncontrollable because there are no means, no resources.

"I feel very sorry for everything that is happening and the news that we receive from Spain.

"From here we thank once again all the health personnel, the state security forces, the people who are in the supermarkets every day.

"Thank everyone for the work they are doing. I hope we can stop this virus."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...