Revealed: Here is what Fury told his father on the phone immediately after beating Wilder

Revealed: Here is what Fury told his father on the phone immediately after beating Wilder

Tyson Fury got so excited after capturing the WBC belt from Deontay Wilder following a seventh round stoppage at the MGM Grand Arena.

The Gypsy King dominated the heavyweight clash from start to finish as the Bronze Bomber's corner threw in the towel.

And just like a child who performed brilliantly in an exam after getting an excellent result, Fury called his father John to narrate the epic experience in Las Vegas.

"Everyone was thinking what's he doing at this high weight, 272 lbs.

I was 19 stone 4 lbs tonight, solid," Fury told his dad captured on iFL TV.

"Listen, I was too strong for him dad.

I was 40 lbs heavier than him. He was about 15-and-a-half stone and I was about 19-and-a-half stone.

"Yeah they did a good thing [throwing the towel in]. Listen, I was going to hurt him I was. I busted his ear, blood running down his ear.

"Listen, he was long dead. He didn't recover from the first knock down.

I hit him with a left hook to the body and tripled him. The sheer strength of me put him over with a body shot.

"Did it look good on the tele? "Hey, dad, only the second man in history to win the Ring Magazine belt twice - me and Muhammad Ali.

Not bad, eh? "Go on then dad, I've got a million interviews.

I'll call you when I get back to the house. See you in a bit. Bye."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...