EPL: Christian Eriksen explains why he snubbed Man Utd for Inter Milan

EPL: Christian Eriksen explains why he snubbed Man Utd for Inter Milan

Inter Milan playmaker, Christian Eriksen, has said that he wanted a 'new challenge' away from the Premier League, and that is why he snubbed a move to Manchester United.

The Denmark international joined Antonio Conte's side last month from Tottenham Hotspur for around £17million.

However, before the move, he attracted interest from Man United.

Speaking on why he decided not to move to Man United despite interest from the Red Devils, the 27-year-old told BBC Sport: "We [I and my agent] did speak to Man Utd, of course, and we did hear what was possible and what wasn't possible.

"Then, in the end, I personally wanted a new challenge. To leave the Premier League because it would have been an easy solution for me to stay.

"Obviously, staying at Tottenham would also have been a solution for me, but it's just about wanting to try a new challenge in another country.

"As soon as Inter Milan came up, it wasn't a hard choice for me to choose the Serie A giants."

Eriksen scored 69 goals in over 300 appearances for Jose Mourinho's side since joining Spurs from Ajax in 2013.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...