Kobe Bryant revealed Lionel Messi's big secret before he died

Kobe Bryant revealed Lionel Messi's big secret before he died

Spanish champions Barcelona on Tuesday morning, January 28, observed a minute silence before starting their training to honor basketball legend Kobe Bryant who died untimely.

Athletes, sports lovers and followers in virtually every part of the world are still mourning the shocking death of Kobe Bryant who died in an helicopter crash near Los Angeles.

The five-time NBA champion died alongside his 13-year-old daughter Gianna who also had a dream of becoming a great player like her father.

Before his death, Kobe Bryant had superb relationship with many top footballers like Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry and lots more.

Hardly is there any top player in the world who has not met Kobe Bryant when he was alive especially before he retired from basketball four years ago.

Kobe Bryant was also close with many Barcelona players when he was alive as he used to go to their camp and training to have talks with the stars.

There are many videos going viral about late Kobe Bryant in which he explained in one of these videos how he met Argentina international Lionel Messi.

Bryant explained that Brazilian football star Ronaldinho introduced Lionel Messi to him when the Argentine was a 17-year-old youngster.

He stated how Ronaldinho told him on how Lionel Messi would become the best player in the world.

Kobe Bryant said he was surprised because he thought Ronaldinho was the best then, but the Brazilian made him believe that Lionel Messi will take his crown.

"Ronaldinho, who was a good friend, I was talking with him and he told me: 'Kobe, look I'm going to introduce you to the guy who is going to be the greatest player of all time.

"I said: 'You what? You are the best.' But he said: 'No, no. This kid right here is going to be the best.' And that guy was Lionel Messi, who was only 17,'' Kobe Bryant explained.

Lionel Messi eventually grew up to become the best player in the world winning six Ballon d'Or award so far in his career.

The Argentine has won all the trophies at Barcelona with only the FIFA World Cup missing in his trophy cabinet.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...