Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar make stunning statement on the death of Kobe Bryant

Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar make stunning statement on the death of Kobe Bryant

Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo joined the rest of the world in mourning basketball icon, Kobe Bryant, barely hours after coming off a tight Serie A clash.

The 34 year old was among the scorers but his goal proved nothing but a consolation as Juventus succumbed to a 2-1 loss to Genarro Gatusso's Napoli.

By the time the game ended, news of Kobe passing away alongside his daughter Gianna Maria had already gone viral.

Taking to his lucrative social media handle, Ronaldo wrote, "So sad to hear the heartbreaking news of the deaths of Kobe and his daughter Gianna. Kobe was a true legend and inspiration to so many. Sending my condolences to his family and friends and the families of all who lost their lives in the crash. RIP Legend."

Barcelona's Lionel Messi was also stunned by Kobe's death and he also took to celebrate the icon, whom he had the pleasure of interacting with on several occasions.

"I have no words. All my love for Kobe family and friends. It was a pleasure to meet you and share good moments together. You were a genius like few others," Messi's statement said.

Paris Saint Germain forward Neymar, who has an uncanny liking for basketball on the side, was also lost for words.

"With your hands you became a legend. Thank you for exalting the sport Kobe. May God comfort the family and friends," he wrote.

Legends of the basketball sport including Shaquille O'Neil, Michael Jordan and Dwayne Wade also took to social media with glowing tributes towards Kobe.

Bryant enjoyed a terrific basketball career with Los Angeles Lakers spanning to close to two decades.

During the period, he won a couple of titles, including five NBA championships before calling it quits in 2016.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...