Ronaldo explains how he transformed from "skinny" star in Man United to most muscular footie in football

Ronaldo explains how he transformed from 'skinny' star in Man United to most muscular footie in football

Cristiano Ronaldo has given a glimpse into his fitness routine which has seen him transformed from a "skinny" footballer in Manchester United to a more complete muscular athlete in the world.

The 34-year-old footie is one of the most respected figures sports ever produced in terms of records and some massive enviable feats.

But apart from his goal-scoring instincts and accomplishments, the Portuguese shared qualities across sports when it comes to height, power level and physical speed.

The Portuguese star recently scored an amazing header again in Juventus' 2-1 win over Sampdoria in what betrayed his age.

With fans still puzzled on the special breed Ronaldo is made of, the Portuguese star has revealed his guilty pleasure is taking pizza with his heir Cristiano Jr.

He also said that his relevance in the physically dominant football world is owned to the fact that he trains very well and maintains a balanced diet.

"The key is to take care of your body, train, do your recovery and eat properly," Ronaldo said.

"Although sometimes I do eat pizza with my son otherwise it would be boring. I eat a high protein diet, with lots of wholegrain carbs, fruit and vegetables, and avoid sugary food.

"Eat regularly. If you train regularly it's important to keep energy levels high to fuel your body for better performance.

Ronaldo also lifted the lid on how he was body-shamed for being too skinny as a Manchester United and how he lost himself to intensive training.

"It's true, I was skinny. I had no muscle. So I started sneaking out of the dormitory at night to go work out. I got bigger and faster," the Portuguese further said.

Ronaldo has played across four top leagues in the world in his enviable glittering career spanning decades.

Interestingly, he has been the most important figure of Juventus squad since joining them in 2018.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...