Panic as Andy Ruiz's personal trainer attacks him, reveals what he is doing after losing titles to Joshua

Panic as Andy Ruiz's personal trainer attacks him, reveals what he is doing after losing titles to Joshua

Andy Ruiz, former heavyweight champion, has not returned back to training after loss to Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia on December 7, his trainer Manny Robles revealed.

Ruiz was totally outsmarted by Joshua in a showdown that lasted till 12th round of action inside the 15,000-capacity Diriyah Stadium.

The rematch, dubbed clash of dunes, saw the British reclaim his heavyweight belts in style, joining great boxers like Muhammed Ali who bounced back after defeat to become world champion again.

Joshua is currently enjoying his rematch success with a Barbados holiday, and so the chubby Mexican star.

And Ruiz's trainer Manny Robles has now disclosed that he is yet to be back to the gym after his loss, with Robles adding he is still basking in the affluence that came with his sudden rise after first fight win at Madison Park.

"I want to say it is still good. He has gone on vacation and everything seems to be fine,'' Robles said.

"We'll find out in the near future. At some point, we will speak. If and when he's ready to come back to the gym, that's when my job begins. My job is not to call him every day.

Robles also revealed he may part way with the former heavyweight star if he still continues the same lifestyle that handed him second career defeat.

"He's a man, not a kid, and must be treated as such. You can't convince someone to want something," Ruiz's trainer further said.

Ruiz has himself blamed excessive three-month partying for his defeat while reacting to his loss to Joshua last month.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...