Former Super Eagles coach begs for money after being banned for life by FIFA

Former Super Eagles coach begs for money after being banned for life by FIFA

Samson Siasia has finally opened up a GoFundMe account in order to raise enough money to appeal his life ban from football at the Court of Arbitration for Sports, This Day reports.

Recently, the former Super Eagles coach was banned for life by FIFA, after the world football governing body found him guilty to have collected bribe.

Siasia has tried to get the appeal money from friends and associates since he was banned from football, but the $250,000 looks like a difficult task for him to raise.

The 52-year-old Siasia was also reported to have called on the federal government and some notable Nigerians for help after he was banned.

''I will fight to the last to clear my name because I know that I did nothing wrong.

"I only heard about all of this for the first time just like everybody else on social media and then I got a call from NFF President) Amaju Pinnick asking me if I had seen any letter from FIFA.

"I said no and he asked me to check. That was when I checked my email. But I know that I am innocent and I am asking everybody to help me raise this money to clear my name,'' Siasia explained.

Apart from Samson Siasia being banned for life by FIFA, he was also fined the sum of US$50,000 by the world football governing body.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...