EPL: Guardiola gets strong warning over losing star player to Real Madrid or Barcelona

EPL: Guardiola gets strong warning over losing star player to Real Madrid or Barcelona

Former Manchester United player, Garth Crooks has warned Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola that he may lose star player, Kevin de Bruyne to Real Madrid or Barcelona if he does not treat the Belgium international right at Etihad.

Crooks said this after De Bruyne lead Man City to defeat Sheffield United 2-0 in Sunday's Premier League encounter.

De Bruyne, who is arguable one of the best midfielders in the Premier League, is often substituted by Guardiola in Man City's matches so far this season.

Writing in his column for BBC Sport, Crooks said: "I think its only fitting that my final team selection of the 2019-20 season includes the Manchester City midfielder who is, without a doubt for me, currently the best player in the country.

"The game against Sheffield United was almost as controversial as the fixture against Wolves for various reasons but De Bruyne seems above all that. He is a consummate professional.

"However, as Liverpool's grip on the Premier League title gets tighter with each game, City must treat this footballing genius with great care.

"Players like De Bruyne need to be winning trophies on a regular basis - receiving awards at the Ballon d'Or, and not being dragged off on a manager's tactical whim.

"And certainly, not when the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona are watching every move."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...