Arsenal vs Chelsea: Lampard sends strong warning to Arteta

Arsenal vs Chelsea: Lampard sends strong warning to Arteta

Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has warned his Arsenal counterpart, Mikel Arteta, that the honeymoon period will not last long.

Lampard's fairytale return to Stamford Bridge got off to a flying start, but they have lost five of their last seven Premier League games, ahead of Sunday's trip to the Emirates.

Arteta has taken his first job in management, by replacing Unai Emery at his former club.

And Lampard has warned the Spaniard, that he must be ready for the pressure that comes with being in the hot seat at a top club.

"The honeymoon period doesn't go on for ever - and it shouldn't do.

"But I think the fans will have a feeling for Arteta and want him to do well as being one of their own. You have to have good people around you.

"Arteta has put his staff together - he knows he'll rely on them. I am sure Pep Guardiola relies on his - I certainly rely on mine.

"As a player, Mikel seemed to be a leader in whatever teams he played in. Itlooks like he could be well-suited to management.

"I wish him well - but, obviously, not on Sunday!" Lampard told reporters ahead of the fixture."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...