Mourinho settles Messi vs Ronaldo debate, names greatest of all time (full video)

Mourinho settles Messi vs Ronaldo debate, names greatest of all time (full video)

Jose Mourinho has dabbled into unarguably greatest football debate on who the better player is between Cristiano Ronaldo and his arch rival Lionel Messi. 

The Tottenham manager was full of praise for both stellar stars, adding that they are 'lucky and unlucky' to play in the same generation. 

Mourinho, who coached Ronaldo in Real Madrid and played against the Barcelona star, also noted that it was unfortunate both player will not last as their brilliance will be reduced by age. 

"I think they are lucky and unlucky to be in the same generation," Mourinho told on the Touchline. "They are lucky because they can compete against each other. 

They look to each other in a positive way and get extra motivation. If there was only one of them, they would have ten Golden Boots,'' the Tottenham boss further submitted. 

Messi and Ronaldo have dominated the football scene for over a decade, sharing eleven Ballon d'Or honours between themselves, with Messi clinching his sixth gong this season. 

The 56-year-old admitted that the pair will go down well in the sport history for creating records that will be difficult for 'little monsters' coming behind to break. 

The Portuguese manager also noted that the Juventus star and his Argentine rival have raised the bar high beyond expectations. 

"Now, I think they have put the bar really high. And you have the players coming behind, who I like to call the 'little monsters,'' the Portuguese explained. 

"The bar has to be high, so it has to be incredible motivation for Neymar, [Kylian] Mbappé and [Antoine] Griezmann. Unfortunately, Cristiano and Messi will not last forever."

See Video:

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...