Man United top star dubbed new 'Van Persie' after scoring stunning goal against Newcastle

Manchester United fans believe Mason Greenwood has all the qualities of being the next Robin van Persie at the club.

The 18-year-old has in the recent past been impressive for the Old Trafford side due to his incisive and razor-sharp goalscoring skills.

Mason was in scintillating form in his first Premier League start against visiting Newcastle on Boxing Day.

He got on the scoresheet in the 41st minute, hitting a stunner past Martin Dubravka from just outside the area which rocketed into the net via a slight deflection.

The goal left fans gushing over the 18-year-old, with many hailing him as the 'new Robin van Persie.'

One recalled: "Mason Greenwood reminds me so much of Robin Van Persie. Great left foot and good positioning. An eyes for goal."

Man United top star dubbed new 'Van Persie' after scoring stunning goal against Newcastle

Robin van Persie enjoyed a fairy-tale first season at United, scoring 30 goals in 48 games to help the club win their 20th league title.

A second added: "Greenwood is the new Van Persie oh my god the kid is a natural, really gifted."

"We just got a van Persie in Mason Greenwood. #mufc #MUNNEW," a third claimed.

One more exclaimed: "Every Greenwood goal reminds me of Robin Van Persie. Exciting talent."

The goal took Greenwood's tally to 10 goals in all competitions for the Red Devils so far this season.

Greenwood has been impressive for Man United whenever afforded a chance to play. 

He will be hoping to keep his place when United take on Burnley at Turf Moor on Saturday evening, December 28.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...