EPL: Lampard speak on playing Giroud, Barkley, Tomori in Tottenham, Chelsea clash

EPL: Lampard speak on playing Giroud, Barkley, Tomori in Tottenham, Chelsea clash

Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has disclosed that Olivier Giroud, Ross Barkley and Fikayo Tomori are all 'fine' to feature against Jose Mourinho's Tottenham Hotspur in Sunday's Premier League fixture.

He also said that midfielder, Ruben Loftus-Cheek will not play against Spurs due to injury.

Lampard's men head to the game following a 1-0 defeat to Bournemouth in their last Premier League encounter.

"Ruben's making good progress which is really positive, but he's nowhere near contention for matchplay yet," Lampard was quoted by Chelsea's official website as saying at his pre-match press conference.

"Other than that, we're all pretty good. Ross, Tomori and Giroud are fine. We've got a fit squad. Nice selection problems I suppose."

Lampard added: "A lot of people are fit; we have decent numbers and a competitive squad - they are showing that in training. I have to choose what I feel is right.

"I see a positive group in training, a team training hard, a group that are together. That's all I can ask for. Now of course we need the results to turn back a little back because the last few I am not happy with."

The kick-off time for the match is 5:30pm.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...