EPL: Pochettino admits he would have replaced Unai Emery at Arsenal

EPL: Pochettino admits he would have replaced Unai Emery at Arsenal

Mauricio Pochettino has said he still "loves" Tottenham, but it would not have stopped him from taking the Arsenal job.

In his first major interview since leaving Tottenham last month, Pochettino admitted he would love to manage again in the Premier League.

Pochettino was on Arsenal's shortlist of candidates to replace Unai Emery, but the Argentine claims they did not make an approach.

"No, when I say I am open, I am open, I cannot say that I am open but I'm closed to someone.

"It's different if you receive an approach and you listen and say yes or no. That's different.

"But you can't say that I'm open but on that I am not open. You are open and then you are open. Anything can happen.

"When I say I am open, I am open to listen to any club.

"Of course (I am happy to see Tottenham doing well) because I love Tottenham, I love the fans, I love the players, I love the club, the staff and of course when you leave a club, always you want them to win games because that means the team is alive, the team was already prepared to compete.

"For different reasons, you split but there are people for whom you always want the best and I'm so happy that they are winning games and that's the most important thing because that love is never going to change.

"You accept the rules in football and that is the most important thing. I think it's best to accept that in football things can happen but happy to see and enjoy the team winning games of course," Pochettino said, in quotes reported by the UK Mirror.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...