Nigerian footballer accused of impregnating club president's daughter and getting sacked finally reacts

Nigerian footballer accused of impregnating club president's daughter and getting sacked finally reacts

The Nigerian footballer embroiled in a controversy surrounding impregnating the daughter of a club president has been identified as former Mighty Jet striker Donatus Edafe.

However, Edafe has described the story as completely false, adding that it must be discouraged, Brila Fm reports.

The striker who played for Slovenian club Nove Gorica in 2018, rubbished media reports circulating earlier this week that he was sacked for impregnating his club president's daughter in Slovenia.

According to Edafe, he left the club in 2018 and returned to Nigeria at the end of his contract.

Edafe says all is fine between him and Nove Gorica, adding that the club's president has no daughter.

The 26-year-old attacker told Brila FM: "Thank you for contacting me, I don't know where the story emanated from.

"I was shocked when I read the report where they said I impregnated my former president daughter, I left Nove Gorica in 2018 and returned to Nigeria at the end of my contract.

"I can assure you that all is fine between me and the Club, the president has no daughter, and what we share is purely professional relationship and during my time in Slovenia, we didn't share anything personal."

Edafe last played for I-League club Minerva Punjab FC.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...