Champions League: What Mourinho said after Tottenham's 3-1 defeat at Bayern Munich

Champions League: What Mourinho said after Tottenham's 3-1 defeat at Bayern Munich

Tottenham manager, Jose Mourinho, refused to make any "conclusions", after seeing his side comfortably beaten 3-1 by Bayern Munich in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Mourinho rested most of his key players ahead of the final group game, having already secured qualification for the knockout stage.

Kingsley Coman gave the Bavarians the lead, before Ryan Sessegnon pulled Spurs levels.

However, further goals from Thomas Muller and Philippe Coutinho sealed the win for Bayern.

"A good match for me. I don't want to speak about conclusions because it is too strong a word but I would say important information," Mourinho told BT Sport.

"I give you clearly a positive example because they are easier. Today I learned a lot about Juan Foyth. He didn't play one minute for me until today and I learned more in these 90 minutes than I did in two or three weeks of training. No conclusions but good information.

"I would prefer to win or to draw and for Son [Heung-min] to score in the last minute and lose 3-2 rather than 3-1 of course but we knew the match was important for other reasons. We didn't want a result that leaves a shadow on us but I think positive things about many of the boys."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...