Gernot Rohr breaks silence as two Nigeria-eligible stars set to dump England for Super Eagles

Gernot Rohr breaks silence as two Nigeria-eligible stars set to dump England for Super Eagles

Super Eagles head coach, Gernot Rohr, has denied giving preference pass on Reading FC player Ovie Ejaria over Queens Park Rangers star Ebere Eze.

The German tactician was reacting to some reports linking him with a statement where he was alleged to have said he preferred Ejaria in his team to the QPR star.

In a statement on Wednesday, December 10, Rohr described the purported online report as 'totally false and very disrespectful' while maintaining that he harbours respect for both players.

"My attention has been drawn to some statements online that I have described Reading FC player Ovie Ejaria as a better player than Queens Park Rangers' Ebere Eze and so the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) should get him in the team immediately.

"This is totally false and very disrespectful to both players. I never compare players and I have not asked the NFF to make any approach for the player in question," the 65-year-old further clarified.

Rohr also denied telling the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) to hand Ejaria invite ahead of Super Eagles' next match.

The German coach further called for restraint in press statements purportedly quoting him in terms of interviews.

"I will never ask the NFF publicly to approach any player for our team. We have our processes and it certainly doesn't include sharing such information publicly," part of the statement read.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...