EPL: Solskjaer reveals why Premier League table isn't Man United's biggest concern this season

EPL: Solskjaer reveals why Premier League table isn't Man United's biggest concern this season

Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has stated categorically that this season's English Premier League, EPL, table is not Red Devils' biggest concern because the competition is so tight this term.

Solskjaer said this after Man United failed to beat Aston Villa at home in the Premier League on Sunday evening.

Goals from Jack Grealish, Victor Lindelof, Tyrone Mings and Tom Heaton (OG) ensured both teams played a 2-2 draw at Old Trafford.

Solskjaer's men are currently in ninth position on the Premier League table with 18 points from 14 matches.

"I wouldn't have sat here and talked about us being fifth if we'd got that one goal extra to beat Aston Villa," Solskjaer said at his post-match press conference after the match.

"So the league table at this point is not the biggest concern because it's so tight.

"I just need to make sure that we get performances and get three or four performances after each other, and results.

"What I can say is so far we've had the lead in so many games and we haven't been able to win those games, six, seven times I'm sure that we've been 1-0 up or 2-1 like today or 3-2 like last week (at Sheffield United), and we should be better at seeing them games into wins."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...