Unai Emery: How fans reacted to sack of Arsenal coach

Unai Emery: How fans reacted to sack of Arsenal coach

A cross-section of Arsenal Football fans have reacted to the sacking of coach Unai Emery after 18 months.

The decision to dismiss Emery was taken less than 12 hours after the Gunners lost 2-1 to Frankfurt in the Europa League.

Freddie Ljunberg was appointed to take over on an interim basis.

Speaking on behalf of the Arsenal board and owners Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, Josh Kroenke had said: "Our most sincere thanks go to Unai and his colleagues who were unrelenting in their efforts to get the club back to competing at the level we all expect and demand. We wish Unai and his team nothing but future success."

However, fans expressed their divergent opinions on the sack of the Spaniard.

Comments gathered from Twitter read below:

@DrJoeAbah: "Arsene is out of Arsenal. Emery is out of Emirates. FREE AT LAST! Arsenal sack head coach Unai Emery."

@SirLeoBDasilva: "Good morning to everyone on earth especially Unai Emery."

@YoungOtutu: "18 months as Manager. 78 Games. 43 wins. 35 loss. Sacked on a Black Friday in a discount fee buying club.
A bad day for Unai Emery. A good for the Gunners. A good for Freddie Ljungberg."

@Omojuwa: "Unai Emery wasn't sabotaged by anyone, he just wasn't good enough for Arsenal. Don't get me wrong, he'd do well and a mid-level club but not at the heights expected at Arsenal."

@ultimate_kombo: "Eintracht Frankfurt Beat Bayern Nico Kovac Got sacked the next day. Eintracht Frankfurt beat Arsenal Unai Emery Gets Sacked the Next day. Barcelona needs to fix a Match with Eintracht Frankfurt soonest."

@KelechiAFC: "Unai Emery has been relieved of his duties as Head Coach of Arsenal football club. Thanks, Unai for your 18 months at Arsenal. All the best for the future. I wish you well
@UnaiEmery_"

@Oliiie_: "Unai Emery the Theresa May of the football world, tried his best."

@seedorffobia: "Emery: You know what to do
Ozil : No, I don't.
Emery: Me neither. Just tell Aubameyang I said Good ebening
#EmeryOut".

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...