Champions League: Sarri speaks on 'rift' with Cristiano Ronaldo

Champions League: Sarri speaks on 'rift' with Cristiano Ronaldo

Juventus manager, Maurizio Sarri, has described his relationship with forward, Cristiano Ronaldo as 'good'.

Sarri said this while reacting to media speculation of a rift between him and Ronaldo.

Ronaldo was withdrawn after just 55 minutes against AC Milan in Serie A, while he was also taken off against Lokomotiv Moscow in the Champions League a few days earlier.

The 34-year-old also missed Juventus' 3-1 victory over Atalanta in the Serie A over the weekend.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of Juventus' Champions League clash against Atletico Madrid on Tuesday night, Sarri told reporters: "I don't know about the news that circulates in Turin, let alone in Spain.

"My relationship with the player [Ronaldo] is good, then if someone gets angry about being substituted, it's a positive thing, especially if they have won everything and still have such great motivation.

"As I have said for 25 years now, I understand why players get angry about being substituted so it doesn't make me feel hot or cold."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...