EPL: Mourinho singles out one Tottenham's player for praise after 3-2 win over West Ham

EPL: Mourinho singles out one Tottenham's player for praise after 3-2 win over West Ham

New Tottenham boss, Jose Mourinho has singled out England international Dele Alli for praise after his outstanding display in their 3-2 away win against West Ham United on Saturday.

Alli, who struggled for form under Pochettino and lost his place in England set-up, starred for Tottenham.

Mourinho was delighted with the 23-year-old's performance, and told BT Sport, "I'm happy with him, I spent a few minutes with him in training and outside the pitch. And we were saying that the best Dele Alli has to be back.

"He's too good to not be one of the best players in the world and not playing with the national team."

The 23-year-old was involved in the opening two goals and he believes some of the criticisms aimed in his direction have been unfair, but he's
pleased to have rediscovered a spark early on under Mourinho.

"It's been a very tough week for us emotionally," Alli told BT Sport.

"We've spent a long time with Pochettino and we were very sad but we had a job to do. We had to go out for the fans and try and stay as positive as we can.

"I think I have been performing well so far this season but I need to get better than my old form and get to my best.

"We have to carry on momentum and keep winning, we need to start that from now. There is still a lot to work on and we need to improve from now on."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...