EPL: How player responded as Mourinho asked him, 'are you Dele or Dele's brother'

EPL: How player responded as Mourinho asked him, 'are you Dele or Dele's brother'

New Tottenham manager, Jose Mourinho has revealed the first thing he asked England international, Dele Alli during their meeting on Friday.

The Portuguese also revealed his master-plan to rediscover Alli's best form.

The former Chelsea boss took over at Tottenham on Wednesday morning after the sack of Mauricio Pochettino.

And speaking ahead of his first game in charge of Tottenham against West Ham on Saturday at the London Stadium, Mourinho revealed he asked Alli: "Are you Dele or Dele's brother?"

Alli instantly replied: "I am Dele", before Mourinho added: "Okay, so play like Dele."

"I already spoke with him [Alli]," Mourinho told Sky Sports.

"I think he is potentially a fantastic player. Now I have to try to create a tactical situation that he is happy with.

"I have to give him the right dynamic, prepare him physically well - because he had important injuries too and he's not on the top of his form.

"On Saturday, if he plays, I can't expect him to go there and be man of the match.

"But [we have] to go through a process that can bring the real Dele back because the real Dele is the one that has impressed us in the past," he said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...