Real Madrid star 'attacks' Arsenal legend after accusing him of overweight

Real Madrid star 'attacks' Arsenal legend after accusing him of overweight

Belgium forward Eden Hazard has been heavily criticised over his weight since his big-money move to Real Madrid in the summer.

The 28-year-old forward joined Los Blancos in a deal around £130 million from Chelsea having spent about eight seasons at Stamford Bridge.

Hazard has scored one goal, and one assist in eleven appearances in all competitions so far this campaign and some quarters are not satisfied with his outlook at the Spanish capital.

He was said to have added weight during the club's pre-season tour in North America, and former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has blamed his struggles at Real on his current size.

Hazard, while speaking Sky Sports insisted that he is fully fit and will always give his best, be that with Real or Belgium.

"For the last month I've been in good condition with no injuries," he said.

"I'm in good shape. When I'm on the pitch I will always try to do my best, with Real Madrid or Belgium. I just want to keep this momentum."

Hazard moved to the Premier League in 2012 in a deal around £32 million from Lille and during his reign at Stamford Bridge, he scored 110 goals in 352 appearances.

His achievements at the London club includes two Premier League titles, two Europa Leagues, the FA Cup and League Cup among several individual silverware.

He was on target twice for his country in their 4-1 win over Russia as they booked their spot at the 2020 Euro Championship.

"It's good to play our last game at home, especially when you have qualified already," Hazard added.

"You have nothing to play, but you hope for a party with the fans against Cyprus.

"We had a problem with winning away so it won't be easy but hopefully we can score some goals, keep a clean sheet and keep the fans happy."

Real Madrid next play Real Sociedad when La Liga returns at the weekend.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...