War of words as Real Madrid Star slams France, begins moves to jiit World Cup winners for Algeria

War of words as Real Madrid Star slams France, begins moves to jiit World Cup winners for Algeria

Embattled Real Madrid star, Karim Benzema, has told France to allow him play for another country after the forward was told his international career with France is over.

The 30-year-old striker fell down the pecking order with French hierarchy and the last time he donned French jersey was 2015 following a se'x-tape saga with Mathieu Valbuena.

His woes were compounded after he was axed out of the squad that won France the coveted 2018 World Cup in Russia.

With the striker replicating his glimpse of brilliance for Real Madrid with eleven goals into the new La Liga season, Benzema was tipped for France return- a suggestion played down by Noel le Graet, the president of the French Football Federation.

Speaking with RMC sport, Noel le Graet frankly said Benzema's international career is over, sparking a response from the embattled striker.

"For me, Benzema is a very good player. I have never criticised his qualities," the FFF boss said.

"On the contrary, he is proving again this year at Madrid that he is one of the best players in his position. But the adventure with France is over."

The France international quickly responded to the jibe saying he can only end his international career himself.

"Noel, I thought you weren't interfering with the coach's decisions!" the 30-year-old said

"I want you to know that I and I alone would end my international career. If you think I'm finished, let me play for one of the countries that I'm eligible for and we'll see."

Benzema, who already has 27 goals for France, is eligible to play for Algeria, his mother country in Africa.

He has proved to be an integral figure in Zinedine Zidane's squad with a impressive performance that has seen him fill Ronaldo's void since the Portuguese sealed a move to Italy.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...