Brazil vs Argentina: Selecao coach, Tite reveals what Messi told him during 1-0 defeat

Brazil vs Argentina: Selecao coach, Tite reveals what Messi told him during 1-0 defeat

Brazil coach, Tite, has disclosed that he was told to shut up by Argentine captain, Lionel Messi during the Selecao's 1-0 defeat to the Albiceleste in an international friendly encounter on Friday in Saudia Arabia.

Recall that Messi on Friday night scored 13 minutes after returning for Argentina against Brazil.

Messi, who had not featured for Argentina since he was sent off in the third-place game against Chile at the 2019 Copa America in July, saw his penalty kick from 12 yards saved by Liverpool goalkeeper, Becker Alisson.

The 32-year-old, however, reacted quickly to tuck away the rebound and giving his team a 1-0 lead.

Messi and Tite exchanged words in the opening half, with the Barcelona captain seen putting his fingers to his lips as the Brazil boss complained to the referee.

"I complained because he [Messi] should have been shown a yellow card and he told me to shut my mouth and I told him to shut his mouth," Tite said as quoted by Goal telling reporters in his post-match press conference. "And that was it."

Tite added: "I don't want to answer any more on it.

"You need a strong referee because he'll swallow you... It should have been a card, I was right to complain."

Tite's men will now take on South Korea on Tuesday in their next fixture.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...