Important Arsenal player tells club he wants to leave because of Unai Emery and it isn't Granit Xhaka

Important Arsenal player tells club he wants to leave because of Unai Emery and it isn't Granit Xhaka

Arsenal star Lucas Torreira is reportedly set to reconsider his future at the club should offers come in for his signature.

Torreira has been an integral squad member for the Gunners despite the club's difficult start to the new season.

However, according to Express UK citing Italian outlet Calciomercato, the dynamic midfielder has asked Arsenal chiefs to carefully consider offers from other clubs for his services.

The Uruguayan is said to be frustrated with the lack of enough game time, with the 23-year-old being subbed off in both Wolves and Leicester clashes.

He has publicly made his discontentment known under embattled manager Unai Emery.

"I don't know whether I'd say it's frustrating. All players want to play, they obviously want to be in the starting XI - that's completely normal," Express UK quoted
Torreira.

"But that's not something that depends on me. It's down to the coach to make those decisions and really I have to respect that. Right now it's about not giving up," the midfielder added.

Serie A giants AC Milan are understood to be monitoring Torreira's situation at the Emirates, as they look to add more depth to their squad.

Meanwhile, the former Sampdoria star will be keen to play the full 90 minutes in Uruguay's upcoming friendlies against Hungary and Argentina.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...