PSG star slams Manchester United few months after leaving Premier league club

PSG star slams Manchester United few months after leaving Premier league club

Paris Saint Germain midfielder Ander Herrera has aimed a dig at Manchester United after accusing them of not prioritising football at Old Trafford.

The 30-year-old ended his five year reign with the Red Devils this summer after his contract at the Premier League side expired.

He however joined the Parisians as a free agent and has registered just one assist in nine appearances for the club so far this campaign.

While speaking with French magazine So Foot, Herrera revealed the emphasis PSG put on football showed something of a culture shock from his time at United.

"I cannot talk about what was happening in previous seasons because I was not there, but since I'm here, what I see is that I'm in a club that think only and exclusively about football,' Herrera said.

"And I say it sincerely because sometimes, seen from the outside, PSG can have a glamorous side that can irritate some.

But here we sweat, we train, we work! "When I arrive at the training centre, the physios, podiatrist and physical trainer are already at work... Football, football, football.'

Asked if that was not the case with United, the midfielder added: "I was happy at that incredible club. I am very grateful to the supporters.

"Frankly, I was immensely happy in Manchester, but at the club, there were times when I felt that football was not considered the most important thing."

When asked whether money was the top priority, Herrera said: "That does not come out of my mouth.

"I don't know, but football was not the most important thing in Manchester.

I do not want to compare, all I know is that here, I feel like I'm breathing football on all sides.

And I like it." United are one of the most richest clubs in the world at the moment but are also one of the most struggling teams after the departure of Sir Alex Ferguson back in 2013.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...