EPL: Solskjaer reveals admiration for Harry Kane

EPL: Solskjaer reveals admiration for Harry Kane

Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has said he admires Harry Kane's ability to "finish half a chance", following Roy Keane's claim that the Red Devils should sign the Tottenham forward.

Former United captain Keane, speaking after Sunday's 1-1 draw against Liverpool at Old Trafford, insisted Kane would solve the scoring problem at Old Trafford.

Solskjaer's men have failed to score more than once in a game, since beating Chelsea 4-0 on the opening weekend of the Premier League season and they face Partizan Belgrade in the Europa League on Thursday, searching for their first away win in any competition since March.

But while Solskjaer said he is a fan of Kane, the United manager also backed fit-again forward Anthony Martial to make a difference.

"Roy [Keane] is quite straightforward isn't he?

"But for us, it's about working hard and getting Anthony back is going to be a massive boost for us.

"I'm sure that, when Anthony comes back, that'll help Marcus [Rashford] as well. With the forwards we've got and the pace, I'm looking forward to the next few weeks.

"Harry Kane? There aren't many [like him]. The [Robert] Lewandowskis and Harry Kanes, they're like Shearer, Van Nistelrooy, fantastic players.

"Ours are different types of players, but I like someone who can finish half a chance and he [Kane] does that. But he's a Tottenham player" Solskjaer told reporters in Belgrade.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...