Champions League: What Ronaldo said about Sarri's style ahead of Lokomotiv clash

Champions League: What Ronaldo said about Sarri's style ahead of Lokomotiv clash

Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, has given manager, Maurizio Sarri a vote of confidence, stating that he was happy with the "more attacking" approach the club had adopted, since the Italian arrived in the summer.

"I think the team is getting better," Ronaldo told reporters, on the eve of Juve's Champions League Group D meeting with Lokomotiv Moscow.

"We are getting more and more confident. We are playing a different brand of football, more attacking.

"I like the way he (Sarri) wants the team to play. We are creating more opportunities, we have more confidence in ourselves, I'm happy with these changes.

"Maybe we could score a little more but I'm proud of what we are doing."

Ronaldo has scored five goals in nine games so far and was on target at the weekend, when Juventus beat Bologna 2-1 to consolidate top spot in Serie A.

"My role hasn't changed, perhaps I have a bit more freedom.

"I am happy because, bit by bit, we are getting to where Juventus ought to be. We have a different coach, a different system, new players. We changed in order to improve," he added.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...