Newcastle vs Man Utd: Solskjaer speaks on getting sacked as manager

Newcastle vs Man Utd: Solskjaer speaks on getting sacked as manager

Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has urged the Glazer family not to sack him, because he'll get it right at United.

Solskjaer heads to Newcastle today and despite the Red Devils' worst start to a League season for 30 years, he insists he's not panicking, and is hoping the Glazers don't either.

"Do you know my career? It's been loads of ups but some downs as well, both as a player and as a coach.

"At Molde and Cardiff I had tough times. I've been at that bottom end in the table. It's not a nice feeling.

"If you get time to do what you are setting out to do, it'll be fine. This is a period now with some fine lines going against us, but we'll get there," the Norwegian told the media ahead of the trip to St James.

Solskjaer will face the biggest crisis in his time as United manager, if his stars lose at struggling Newcastle.

"Sometimes you don't get what you deserve in terms of results," he said.

"Only once this season have we played a game that we didn't deserve to get anything.

"I know that we haven't started as well as we hoped for. But we have more points in the games we have played this season compared to the equivalent fixtures against those same clubs last year.

"We have two more points than in the same games last season. So it's not all that bad."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...