Mourinho identifies five strikers that can replace Benzema at Real Madrid

Mourinho identifies five strikers that can replace Benzema at Real Madrid

Former Chelsea and Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho, has identified five strikers that can replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid.

According to Fox Sports, Mourinho believes the likes of Tottenham Hotspur's Harry Kane, Red Bull Salzburg's Erling Braut Haaland and Paris Saint-Germain trio, Kylian Mbappe, Edinson Cavani and Mauro Icardi can replace the 31-year-old at the Los Blancos.

The newspaper reports that the 56-year-old Portuguese does not think Benzema fits the way Real Madrid plays anymore, adding that he is not a big fan of the French striker.

Mourinho, who spent three seasons at Real Madrid and won one La Liga title during his time at the club, has been linked with a return to the La Liga giants.

Mourinho's last managerial job was with Manchester United where he was sacked in December.

The former Inter Milan and FC Porto coach was close to tears during an interview a few weeks ago as he admitted he missed football.

Mourinho said: "I miss my football, I have the fire. The most difficult thing for me is to say "no" to the possibilities I had to work.

"I have to be patient and wait for the right one and the right one is one at the dimension of what I am as a manager."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...