Champions League: What Pochettino said after Tottenham's 7 - 2 defeat to Bayern

Champions League: What Pochettino said after Tottenham's 7 - 2 defeat to Bayern

Tottenham manager, Mauricio Pochettino says his team will remain strong in their mentality after they were beaten 7 - 2 by a clinical Bayern Munich on Tuesday night.

The visiting German giants blistered past Spurs in London, eventually walking away with three points in match day two of this season's UEFA Champions League.

Serge Gnabry made Tottenham look silly as he scored four goals on the night.

Robert Lewandowski got in the act, scoring two goals, with Joshua Kimmich getting Bayern's opener.

Son Heung-Min and Harry Kane scored for the hosts, but Pochettino was left lamenting the quality of his opposition after the match.

He told BT Sport: "I don't need too much time to explain. We played 30 mins well, started well, pressing high. But we were unlucky that we conceded in the first minute of the half.

"They were very clinical. After we scored the penalty for two we had chances to score the third. But from the 83rd and 88th minute we conceded three more goals.

"In football it can happen. Every single touch went in. We are very disappointed and very upset but we have to stay together. I think we are strong in our mentality.

"Maybe you are bored about my speech but football is today not yesterday. It is always about the show. You have to do it today and tomorrow. It is not about experiences and what happened three months ago.

"We are disappointed. Every single touch from Bayern was clinical. They scored with every touch. It is tough to accept. You have to move on.

"This type of situation you have to face. It is tough and you need to be strong and keep going. Stay together, help each other and be all together. When you receive this type of result it is important to bounce back and believe in yourself. It is the only way to recover."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...