Brazil vs Nigeria: Super Eagles midfielder, Joe Aribo reveals what he will do with Neymar

Brazil vs Nigeria: Super Eagles midfielder, Joe Aribo reveals what he will do with Neymar

Super Eagles and Glasgow Rangers midfielder, Joe Aribo has hailed Paris Saint-Germain star, Neymar ahead of Nigeria's international friendly clash against Brazil.

Aribo, who made his international debut for Nigeria against Ukraine some weeks ago, said he would like to swap his jersey with Neymar after the match, adding that it would be a dream come true for him.

Nigeria will battle Brazil in an international friendly game on October 13, at the Singapore National Stadium.

Gernot Rohr's side head to the game following a 2-2 draw with Ukraine in their last friendly encounter.

"Games don't come much bigger than Brazil and we know they've got a lot of stars like Neymar," Aribo told reporters ahead of Ranger's Scottish League Cup quarter-final clash against Livingston on Wednesday night.

"That's the type of opponents I want to be playing against and it would be good to swap a jersey with one of those superstars. I'll see so many stars and I'll take a moment to realise that's what I've been dreaming of.

"Everyone in my generation loved players like Ronaldinho and he played with some of the players in this team now so it's like 'wow'. I didn't think international recognition would come so soon but it shows the stature of Rangers and why it was a good decision to come here.

"The manager watched the game and congratulated me on my debut goal against Ukraine. I wouldn't say it was much of a step up from Rangers but it was good to play against opponents like that because Ukraine have a lot of top players.

"And it was very good news to be called up to the Nigeria squad again. I'm happy I was able to do enough in the last game to earn a recall. I knew a few of the lads such as Ola Aina and Alex Iwobi and they all welcomed me and made me feel at home."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...