EPL: What Lampard said about Nigerian defender after Chelsea's 2-1 loss to Liverpool

EPL: What Lampard said about Nigerian defender after Chelsea's 2-1 loss to Liverpool

Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard has singled out young defender, Fikayo Tomori for special praise despite Blues 2-1 loss to Liverpool in the Premier League on Sunday.

Tomori was put in charge of watching Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah and he showed courage in the central defence stopping Salah from finding the back of the net.

The 21 year-old has shown all the qualities of a modern day central defender with good passing skills, pace and aggressiveness.

Although the game ended 2-1 in favour of Jurgen Klopp's Reds, Lampard noted the outstanding performance of his young defender.

Speaking on Tomori, Lampard told post-match press conference, "I also want to single out Tomori for me personally.

"To go up against Mo Salah who is lethal in every sense and deal with him for pace in the mind, the way he played, everything he did today I thought was class and they are the signs I'm looking for individually, I thought his performance was brilliant and Alonso I thought came on and did very well, its not easy coming on in a big game like that but I thought he did very well."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...