Ronaldo speaks on next Ballon d'Or, FIFA Best Player, retirement from national team

Ronaldo speaks on next Ballon d'Or, FIFA Best Player, retirement from national team

Juventus superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo has insisted that he is not concerned about winning this year's Ballon d'Or or FIFA Best Player of the Year.

The 34-year-old also said that he's not thinking of retiring from international football yet because he believes in the current Portuguese squad.

Ronaldo said this following his four-goal heroics in Portugal's 4-1 victory over Lithuania in their Euro 2020 qualifier encounter last night.

Asked if he deserves to win the remaining individual prizes (Ballon d'Or or FIFA Best Player of the Year) left this year, Ronaldo was quoted by Soccernet as saying: "As I always say, I don't live thinking about individual prizes.

"This is a consequence of what we collectively won. But it's good, I won't lie. The important thing was to help the team."

"I want to continue with the national team. I'm having a good time," Ronaldo added.

Ronaldo missed out on this year's UEFA Best Player of the Year award to Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...