EPL: Wan-Bissaka reveals what Pogba told him when he joined Man Utd

EPL: Wan-Bissaka reveals what Pogba told him when he joined Man Utd

Manchester United defender, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, has revealed that Paul Pogba advised him to "play without fear", when he signed for the club in June.

The 21-year-old, who joined from Premier League rivals Crystal Palace, was one of the new faces Ole Gunnar Solskjaer brought in this summer.

Speaking to United's pre-match programme ahead of the Premier League clash against Crystal Palace, Wan-Bissaka reflected on how he had been welcomed into the squad by existing members.

"Paul Pogba has advised me a lot.

"That first game in Perth, he was telling me the same thing everyone has: you're here for a reason, play your game, play without fear, get up and down - that's what I put into my head," Wan-Bissaka said.

Wan-Bissaka further revealed that he felt he was improving his game from exposure to United's attack in training, adding: "I'm up against Anthony [Martial] a lot. It's tough, but you take the positives. It helps both of us.

"Playing against someone with quick feet like him, you can't not learn. Our attackers have all got a lot of pace, so you just have to be concentrated and focused for their next move all the time."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...