EPL: Steven Gerrard tipped to replace Klopp at Liverpool

EPL: Steven Gerrard tipped to replace Klopp at Liverpool

Steven Gerrard's former Liverpool team-mate, Jerzy Dudek, expects him to return to Anfield as Klopp's successor.

The former Reds talisman, is currently in charge of Scottish side Rangers and has guided them to three consecutive wins this season.

With Klopp hinting at quitting after his deal expires in 2022, Dudek has tipped Gerrard to step in.

"When I was in Liverpool recently, it was no secret that Steven is the man and indeed, only candidate for replacing Klopp when he decides his time at Anfield is over.

"Everyone knows that sooner or later the great captain will return," Dudek told Przeglad Sportowy.

Dudek, however, admits he would have "laughed" at the thought of Gerrard becoming Liverpool manager during their playing days together.

"I was with Steven in the Liverpool dressing room for many years. I must admit I was amazed he became a manager so quickly after finishing playing.

"I spent a lot of time with him in private too and not once did he ever mention to me he wanted to become a manager.

"But he is ideally suited to it because he was a great leader and as a captain, he brilliantly managed our dressing room.

"But honestly, I would have laughed at you if you told me he wanted to be a manager," he added.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...