Anthony Martial reveals his goalscoring competition with Marcus Rashford at Manchester United

Anthony Martial reveals his goalscoring competition with Marcus Rashford at Manchester United

Anthony Martial has revealed that he and Marcus Rashford are competing with each other to decide who is the best finisher at Manchester United.

Following Romelu Lukaku's departure earlier this month, the onus is now on Martial and Rashford to score the bulk of United's goals this season.

The pair have started brightly as they have both scored two goals in the Premier League so far.

And Martial has revealed how he and Rashford keep each other sharp during training sessions under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

'At training, we have this competition between us about scoring goals,' Martial told Sky Sports.

'We measure who does the best finishing and who scores the most.

'Who's winning? Well, that depends... Sometimes it's him, sometimes it's me.

'In games, Marcus likes to play in the middle, like me. I don't mind dropping off, dropping out, we interchange during games.

'It doesn't bother me to let him take the lead occasionally.

'It helps us to terrorise opposition defences and I hope we can keep it up over the course of the season.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...