EPL: Guardiola speaks on 'fight' with Aguero during Man City's draw with Tottenham

EPL: Guardiola speaks on 'fight' with Aguero during Man City's draw with Tottenham

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola has insisted that he loves striker, Sergio Aguero despite their fight during his side's Premier League 2-2 draw against Tottenham Hotspur at Etihad on Saturday.

Raheem Sterling and Sergio Aguero both scored to put Man City up twice over the course of the 90 minutes, although on each occasion, Mauricio Pochettino's men found a way back.

Erik Lamela hit from range to cancel out Sterling's early effort in the first half before a header from substitute, Lucas Moura tied the game at 2-2.

Guardiola and Aguero had a heated argument when the Argentine international was substituted shortly after Moura's header.

However, Aguero felt the City boss was blaming him for the goal and argued with his coach as he made his way off the pitch.

Speaking on the development, Guardiola told reporters after the match: "Aguero believed I was upset with him for the goal we conceded.

"The goal we conceded was a corner. I wanted one on one movement.

"He thought I was upset with him. Emotion is part of our game. We talked after and during. He's a guy I love a lot."

Man City will take on Bournemouth in their next Premier League fixture on August 25.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...