EPL: Real reason I left Arsenal for Everton - Alex Iwobi

EPL: Real reason I left Arsenal for Everton - Alex Iwobi

Super Eagles midfielder, Alex Iwobi, has revealed why he left Arsenal for Everton on Deadline Day.

Iwobi sealed an exit from the Emirate Stadium on Deadline Day last Thursday, joining Everton in a deal reportedly worth up to £40m if bonuses in the agreement are met.

The former Arsenal winger revealed why he left Arsenal and how he aspires to become a household name at Goodison Park.

"I spoke to the manager and Marcel and they almost lured me in. The offer was too attractive for me to turn down.

"The manager was telling me, 'There is a spot for you, we will take care of you'. Basically, all the things you want to hear as a player.

"I always had that youngster tag at Arsenal, so hopefully with this move, I am able to make a name for myself in the Premier League and create history with Everton.

"It is exciting times for Everton. I was able to look at the transfers and players they have brought in - some great talent. It is not just me. There were quality players here before [the summer] and they are still here.

"The manager has worked with Richarlison for a long while and made a name for him. Hopefully, he can do the same for not just me but Moise Kean and a few others who came in too."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...