Transfer: Liverpool sign new goalkeeper after Community Shield defeat to Man City

Transfer: Liverpool sign new goalkeeper after Community Shield defeat to Man City

Liverpool on Monday, completed a deal to sign Adrian, following the departure of Simon Mignolet.

The goalkeeper was at Melwood today, to put pen to paper on his contract with the Reds.

This happens one day after Liverpool's defeat to Manchester City in the Community Shield game st Wembley, where Allisson Becker fumbled in Raheem Sterling's effort.

"I'm feeling really happy; really happy to be here and to work in this great club and start doing my stuff on the pitch as soon as possible.

"I'm very ambitious, I come here to try to win everything, to try to push Ali from the first minute and to make us better.

"Obviously I want to win titles. I come here to fight for all the competitions. We have many competitions ahead - we're going to fight for it and try to get them.

"I'm looking forward to playing my first game at Anfield and to win as many games as we can," Adrian told Liverpool's official website.

Adrian arrives after a six-year spell with West Ham United.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...