Algeria vs Nigeria: Nigerians blame all-green jersey for Super Eagles 2-1 loss to Desert Foxes, ask Dangote, Otedola to pay Ekong

Algeria vs Nigeria: Nigerians blame all-green jersey for Super Eagles 2-1 loss to Desert Foxes, ask Dangote, Otedola to pay Ekong

Some Nigerians have blamed the Super Eagles of Nigeria match-day jersey for their 2-1 loss to Algeria in the Semi-final of the African Cup of Nations in Egypt.

It was Troost-Ekong's own-goal and Riyad Mahrez's stunning free kick that secured a berth for the North Africans.

Some unhappy Nigerians took to Twitter to show their displeasure as many people blamed the dark green jersey while some others blamed Troost-Ekong for the defeat.

Here are some of the reactions:

@Nsukka_okpa: "Dear God, We are sinners All of us are sinners.. From our president to all the children But abeg.. No use our sin take chop our eyes.. Crisis full ground.. Na only football dey give us joy.. Help us equalise by mistake.. Or anyhow. In Jesus name."

@uncleDemola: "I'm watching Algeria Vs Nigeria's match with my mom. Ekong scores an own goal, which makes it Algeria 1 - 0 Nigeria. My mom has been jubilating since. Please how do I explain to her that the goal that Ekong scored is for Algeria? #ALGNGA"

@TweetAtAustin: "Troost Ekong has to be paid by Dangote and Otedola for that own goal. A GOAL IS A GOAL. #ALGNGA"

@daphy657: "Stop wearing this useless green jersey ..its an Unlucky jersey !"

@AS_Gimba: "This Jersey has always been unlucky"

@enitan16: "We just had to wear that unlucky jersey #AFCON #AFCON2019"

@FINALIZER1: "Super eagles why this unlucky jersey na??????"

@Dammybas: "*coughs* stupid unlucky jersey"

@dirtyboyjameso : "STOP WEARING THAT DAMN UNLUCKY JERSEY"

@JayMarionCarter: "Can we now burn this unlucky Jersey ? I need to have peace of mind #IStillBleed9ja"

@Fejer50: "Guys, we have lost already with this jersey"

@DrIdongesit: "Who agrees with me that this Jersey carries bad luck.."

@Finestteebee: "Super eagles should never use this bad luck jersey again! # ALGNGA"

@the_Lawrenz: "No Troost Ekong slander please , it could be anybody !! Blame Odion Ighalo for not converting when he was put through on goal by Iwobi."

@TheMadQueen5: " Ekong aff do giveaway #ALGNGA"

@simplyfeeks: "Ekong needed the money so bad that he scored an own goal. Otedola and Dangote, see wetin una cause ooo #ALGNGA"

@Toonioye11: "Troost Ekong it's not your fault I already knew we were going to lose when we started with this jersey #ALGNIG"

@wowzagistblog: "EKONG oooo Akwa Ibom people, why are you people like this... # ALGNGA"

@BashirAk_: "Stop using that stupid unlucky jersey"

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...