Transfer: Ajax winger, Neres reveals club he'll play for next season

Transfer: Ajax winger, Neres reveals club he'll play for next season

Ajax winger, David Neres has committed his future to the Dutch club, despite speculations linking him with a summer exit.

The 22-year-old has been linked with Manchester United, Atletico Madrid and Everton in the past few months.

But speaking after Brazil won the 2019 Copa America following a 3-1 victory over Peru, Neres told Algemeen Dagblad: "I'm having a beer because I have something to celebrate. I have to be back at Ajax on July 28. My future is with Ajax."

Neres, who was used as a substitute throughout the tournament, added: "It was hard to lose my spot. I did my best, but it was not enough.

"In the end, I'm a part of the team and it's most important that we win. Therefore I'm still satisfied. It's great to win this prize with the national team. It's a dream for me and the other players.

"Now it's time to celebrate. We had a nice party in the dressing room. We danced and after that, it was time to see my family.

"It was a good experience for me to be here and play with experienced players. I feel older myself and more experienced. That's good for my development."

Neres scored eight goals and registered eight assists in 20 Eredivisie starts last season.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...