Transfer: Ajax star arrives in Barcelona to seal deal, reveals why he chose LaLiga club

Transfer: Ajax star arrives in Barcelona to seal deal, reveals why he chose LaLiga club

Ajax midfielder, Frenkie de Jong, arrived in Spain on Thursday, ahead of his unveiling today.
De Jong said "it was dream move", after joining the LaLiga champions for £67million.

The Dutchman was due to undergo medical tests, before being presented as Barca's newest signing at the Nou Camp on Friday.

Upon his arrival at El Prat Airport, De Jong said: "I am very happy to be here finally.

"As a child it was a dream for me to play at Barca, and now I'm here so it's great. I'm really looking forward to setting foot on the Camp Nou pitch for the first time."

The 22-year-old added: "I like Barca's way of playing, the philosophy of Barca and Ajax are very similar, and I think I will enjoy it.

"I'm happy to be able to play with Messi, who I have always followed. Now my idol will be my team-mate.

"Barca and Holland have always had a great, special connection, and I hope to follow in that tradition. I want to be one of the great Dutch players who have played at FC Barcelona."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...