Philippe Coutinho: Barcelona will NOT sell star amid links to Chelsea, Liverpool, Man United and PSG

Barcelona have no desire to cash in on Philippe Coutinho this summer, claims the player's agent.

The Brazilian playmaker has failed to justify his £142million transfer fee since leaving Liverpool for Barca in January 2018.

Philippe Coutinho: Barcelona will NOT sell star amid links to Chelsea, Liverpool, Man United and PSG

There has been speculation the Spanish giants are ready to cut their losses on the 27-year-old.

Chelsea, Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain have all both linked with a move, while former club Liverpool have also reportedly shown an interest.

But Coutinho's agent, Kia Joorabchian, insists there are no plans in place for his client to leave the Camp Nou this summer.

"I talked a few days ago with [general manager] Pep Segura at Barcelona," Joorabchian told French publication RMC Sport.

"He told me that the club does not want to sell Coutinho this summer, no matter what. And then, we have not had any contact with PSG."

Coutinho managed just eight goals and two assists in his first full season at the Nou Camp last term.

Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde is yet to get the best out of Philippe Coutinho

And it has seen a section of the Barcelona fanbase turn against the 27-year-old.

Earlier this month, Coutinho, who is currently away with Brazil at the Copa America, refused to rule out a Barcelona exit.

"I have a contract with Barcelona, it was always my will to succeed in this club," he said.

"But now I am totally concentrated here [with Brazil] and about the future [with Barca] we do not know what will happen.

"Many things that come out in the media are simply not true but as for my future we do not know what is going to happen, that is the truth.

"Honestly, it wasn't a good season. It didn't produce what I wanted, it didn't go as I hoped.

"But I hope it serves me as an example, as a lesson so that I want more, concentrate even more to be able to succeed."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...