'Don't worry, I am coming' - Neymar sends WhatsApp message to Barcelona dressing room

'Don't worry, I am coming' - Neymar sends WhatsApp message to Barcelona dressing room

Paris Saint-Germain superstar Neymar has privately told Barcelona players that he's confident of returning to the club this summer, according to reports in Spain.

Neymar completed a world record £199.5million transfer from Barca to PSG two summers ago and the 27-year-old has scored 51 goals in 58 games for the French champions.

However, the Brazilian has grown frustrated by a lack of competition in Ligue 1 and has become increasingly demoralised playing in front of crowds of less than 20,000 people.

Neymar has informed PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi that he has no intention of playing for the club again as he pushes for a dream return to the Nou Camp.

He reportedly told Al-Khelaifi: 'I do not want to play more in PSG. I want to go back to my home, where I should never have left.'

According to Catalan publication Sport, Neymar also sent a WhatsApp message to Barcelona's dressing room in which he reassured Ernesto Valverde's players that his homecoming was imminent.

'Don't worry, I am coming,' the Brazil international said.

Barca are willing to part with £90m in order to land Neymar and one of either Philippe Coutinho or Ousmane Dembele could be included in any potential agreement. Both have already been offered to PSG in order to get a deal over the line.

'Don't worry, I am coming' - Neymar's WhatsApp message to Barcelona's dressing room (Picture: Sport)

It's understood the forward is prepared to go on strike in order to force his way out of the Parc des Princes this summer.

Al-Khelaifi confirmed last week that he hold discussions with Neymar about his future and hinted that a move was on the cards.

'I want players willing to give everything to defend the honour of the jersey and to join the club project,' he told France Football.

'Those who do not want that, or do not understand, we will meet and we will talk to each other.

'Nobody forced him to sign here. Nobody pushed him.

'He came knowingly to join a project.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...